- Music Drama in One Act
- Co-production of SNG opera in balet Ljubljana and Hong Kong Opera
- Premiere 22 January 2015
- Stage Director Andrejs Žagars
- Set Designer Reinis Suhanovs
- Costume Designer Kristine Pasternaka
- Video Designer Ineta Sipunova
- Lighting Designer Kevin Wyn-Jones
- Choreoghrapher Kirill Burlov
Salome, Op. 54, is an opera in one act by Richard Strauss to a German libretto by the composer, based on Hedwig Lachmann’s German translation of the French play Salomé by Oscar Wilde. Strauss dedicated the opera to his friend Sir Edgar Speyer.
The opera is famous (at the time of its premiere, infamous) for its “Dance of the Seven Veils”. The final scene is frequently heard as a concert-piece for dramatic sopranos.