Carmina Burana was first staged in Frankfurt, eighty years ago. Carl Orff, who had been already creating under the influence of Debussy, R. Strauss and Pfitzner as well as successfully adapting some of the theatre pieces by Monteverdi, managed to shape – although relatively late, as considered by many -, his markedly personal style with the scenic cantata Carmina Burana, which brought him an instant fame. The composer had decisively enforced the musical principles, which he used and perfected in his later works, when he managed to realise within his concept of music theatre his rather distinctly personal vision of music, movement, visual image and lyrics.
- Stage Direction, Set Design and Visual Concept Manfred Schweigkofler
- Video Design Opera Illuminata, Christoph Grigoletti (Creative Director)
- Costume Designer Mateja Benedetti
- Lighting Designer Andrej Hajdinjak
- Choreographer Lukas Zuschlag
- Dramaturgs Tatjana Ažman, Franz Braun