- An Opera in Two Acts, Five Scenes by Marij Kogoj
- Stage Director Janez Burger
- Set Designers Numen, Ivana Radenović
- Costume Designer Alan Hranitelj
- Lighting Designer Pascal Mérat
The opera Black Masks was composed between 1924 and 1927, and premiered on May 1929 in Ljubljana. The audiences were quite sceptical towards this novelty and did not receive it well, which could be mainly attributed to the provincial particularity of Slovenia in those times, usually not favourably disposed to the novelties, even if they later proved a great artistic achievement. In spite of its “life path’s” awkward beginning, it immediately proved a work with great dramatic presence, intensity and suspended claustrophobia, full of amalgamated musical language.