Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – THE MAID OF ORLÉANS
- Director Frank Van Laecke
- Set Designer Philippe Miesch
- Costume Designer Belinda Radulović
- Lighting Designers Frank Van Laecke, Jasmin Šehić
- Soloist, chorus and orchestra of the SNG Opera in balet Ljubljana
The Maid of Orleans is an opera in 4 acts, 6 scenes, by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. It was composed during 1878–1879 to a Russian libretto by the composer, based on several sources: Friedrich Schiller’s The Maid of Orleans as translated by Vasily Zhukovsky; Jules Barbier’s Jeanne d’Arc; Auguste Mermet’s libretto for his own opera; and Henri Wallon’s biography of Joan of Arc.